The Moose & Squirrel Medical Clinic is a modern, state-of-the-art family medicine clinic that opened in Sundre, Alberta in 2013.
- To provide world-class, accessible, comprehensive medical care to our patients in a collaborative, team-based environment
- To model healthy behavior by respecting and promoting physical and mental health, balance and fulfillment for all team members
- To be the pre-eminent site in rural Alberta for family medicine teaching and the mentorship of early career physicians
Our physicians are recognized leaders and experts in the field of family medicine. Every patient in the MSMC is assigned a primary family physician and an experienced nurse who share responsibility for managing and coordinating their medical care. The entire team may also be involved in each patient’s care as needed.
We are proud of our collaboration with other health experts and of some of the new services we have brought to Sundre and area as a result. Our strategic alliances include:
University of Calgary and University of Alberta, Faculties of Medicine
Our physicians all have academic appointments with both Universities and are highly involved in clinical teaching of medical students and family medicine residents
Dr Troy Pederson, General Internal Medicine
Peaks to Prairies Primary Care Network
- Chronic Disease Management and Complex Care Nurse – Karen Barry, RN
- Exercise Specialist – Greg Stopanski, BKin, CSEP, CEP
- Mental Health Therapist Megan Logan a registered social worker with over 7 years of experience in supporting individuals in our community
- Mental Health Therapist – Sylvia Streitberger
- Seniors Health Nurse Jill Ward, RN, originally from the UK who has over 35 year of Nursing experience in a variety of specialties including Primary Care. She is working with our frailer patients to help strengthen and keep them in their own homes.
- Social Work – Tracy Silberer
- Women’s and Infant Health Irma van den Hadelkamp, RN provides support and teaching for patients in our maternity clinic and the Sundre Teen and Young Adult Clinic. In addition, Irma is a certified lactation consultant who provides breast feeding support.
- Virtual Exercise Group
- Happiness basics
- Mom Tribe
- Stress Management
- Moving on with Persistent Pain
- Walking Group
Caroline Community Health and Wellness Centre
Respiratory Homecare Solutions
Respiratory Homecare Solutions provides pulmonary function testing at the MSMC every month to help assess and treat our patients with lung conditions such as asthma and COPD.
We are also proud members of our community and value the strong relationships we have with the Town of Sundre, Mountain View County, the Sundre Chamber of Commerce, the Caroline Chamber of Commerce, the Sundre Health Professionals Attraction and Retention Committee, the Sundre Municipal Library, the Sundre Hospital and Care Centre, Greenwood Neighbourhood Place, Sundre Parent Link, River Valley School and Mountain View Seniors’ Housing.
Contact one of our doctors outside office hours for questions or advice. We can make arrangements to see our patients outside regular clinic hours for urgent concerns and minor emergencies. Call us and see if we can help you avoid a trip to the ER.
Monday – Friday
8:30 AM – 11:45 AM
1:15 PM – 4:30 PM
Monday & Thursday Evenings
Monday and Thursday Evenings
5:30 PM – 8:30 PM
12:00 PM – 3:00 PM