The Moose & Squirrel Medical Clinic is a modern, state-of-the-art family medicine clinic that opened in Sundre, Alberta in 2013.
- To provide world-class, accessible, comprehensive medical care to our patients in a collaborative, team-based environment
- To model healthy behavior by respecting and promoting physical and mental health, balance and fulfillment for all team members
- To be the pre-eminent site in rural Alberta for family medicine teaching and the mentorship of early career physicians
Our physicians are recognized leaders and experts in the field of family medicine. Every patient in the MSMC is assigned a primary family physician and an experienced nurse who share responsibility for managing and coordinating their medical care. The entire team may also be involved in each patient’s care as needed.
We are proud of our collaboration with other health experts and of some of the new services we have brought to Sundre and area as a result. Our strategic alliances include:
University of Calgary and University of Alberta, Faculties of Medicine
Our physicians all have academic appointments with both Universities and are highly involved in clinical teaching of medical students and family medicine residents
Dr. Jack Cruikshank, General Internal Medicine
Dr. Cruikshank is a general internal medicine specialist based out of Calgary. Dr. Cruikshank comes to the MSMC once every month as a consultant to see our patients who have complex health conditions or several chronic medical conditions. Our collaboration with Dr. Cruikshank is a prototype for innovative chronic disease management involving family doctors and specialists in rural communities, and we are working together to build a model that can be expanded to deliver world-class, comprehensive chronic disease care to patients and clinics across rural Alberta.
Peaks to Prairies Primary Care Network
The physicians at the MSMC are members of the Peaks to Prairies Primary Care Network. This collaboration allows us to offer comprehensive services to our patients that are specific to the needs of Sundre , Caroline and Olds. The health care professionals that we currently have working alongside us include:
- Chronic Disease Management and Complex Care Nurse – Amy
- Exercise Specialist – Greg Stopanski, BKin, CSEP, CEP
- Mental Health Therapist Megan Logan a registered social worker with over 7 years of experience in supporting individuals in our community
- Mental Health Therapist – Sylvia Streitberger
- Seniors Health Nurse Jill Ward, RN, originally from the UK who has over 35 year of Nursing experience in a variety of specialties including Primary Care. She is working with our frailer patients to help strengthen and keep them in their own homes.
- Social Work – Tracy Silberer
- Women’s and Infant Health Irma van den Hadelkamp, RN provides support and teaching for patients in our maternity clinic and the Sundre Teen and Young Adult Clinic. In addition, Irma is a certified lactation consultant who provides breast feeding support.
There are several free workshops available for our patients through the PCN. These can include:
- Virtual Exercise Group
- Happiness basics
- Mom Tribe
- Stress Management
- Moving on with Persistent Pain
- Walking Group
Please visit Peaks to Prairies Community Workshops for a full list of all programs and services offered through the PCN.
Peaks to Prairies actively works to keep a list of local Olds and Sundre community resources that are available to you and can provide support for your health needs and challenges. Please check here regularly as they update their resource database frequently.
Caroline Community Health and Wellness Centre
Respiratory Homecare Solutions
Respiratory Homecare Solutions provides pulmonary function testing at the MSMC every month to help assess and treat our patients with lung conditions such as asthma and COPD.
We are also proud members of our community and value the strong relationships we have with the Town of Sundre, Mountain View County, the Sundre Chamber of Commerce, the Caroline Chamber of Commerce, the Sundre Health Professionals Attraction and Retention Committee, the Sundre Municipal Library, the Sundre Hospital and Care Centre, Greenwood Neighbourhood Place, Sundre Parent Link, River Valley School and Mountain View Seniors’ Housing.